Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teddy Ruxpin hitting 30 Rock

Tweet

I have a thing for the toys from my youth that come back in new incarnations. I don’t know whether it’s nostalgia or the opportunity to tell my kids I had something like that “back in my day” or what, but it just tickles me.

What tickles me even more is when an iconic toy from my youth shows up somewhere very now. And that’s what’s going to happen this coming Thursday (November 19th, 2009) —Teddy Ruxpin is going to appear on NBC’s 30 Rock.

(I think it goes without saying that I’ve already set my DVR.)

Whether or not you’re a fan of 30 Rock (although, seriously, that show is hilarious), I think we can all agree that once you’ve done a stint as, um, guest bear on a hit NBC comedy, you’ve arrived.

Of course, here at Ty’s the Teddy Ruxpin Store is ready for everyone, holiday shoppers and Tina Fey fans alike. We don’t discriminate. And if you can present a Teddy to a child you love with a comment about how you remember when he first came out (or that you saw him on TV just recently) (or both!), well, so much the better. But whatever works for you.

(But, um, Teddy? If you could get me Tina Fey’s autograph…?)

This entry was posted on Monday, November 16th, 2009 at 3:07 pm and is filed under Random acts of television, Teddy Ruxpin. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment